19 October 2009

Flâneur Graphic Information.









So I decided to calculate my journey and represent it in graphics. I traced my steps on Google Maps with it's Walking Route Planner and worked out that my journey from Aldgate to Bethnal Green via Central London was 15.3 miles, to which Google said it should take me 5hours 13minutes... not far off my 5hours 30minutes finish time. I traced round the path i took on Google to create my 15.3 mile perimeter [that looked like a seagull] and calculated [I say calculated, but what I really mean is tried desperately to remember Maths lessons.] that the area in which I surrounded was 14.6 square miles. You'd dare to imagine how much money that area is collectively worth in terms of land. After knowing the perimeter, I calculated the speed in which I averaged over the course of 5 ½ hours, resulting in 2.7mph, slightly less than your average walking speed. Which means that I made up for my time in the TATE Britain by walking faster than the average walking speed. Also, I must mention that I bow to Univers, absolutely love using that typeface.

No comments:

Post a Comment